Our company CapchainX, operates https://www.capchainx.com/ (the "Site"). This page informs you of the policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information the Site receives from users. The Site uses your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy
Please read this Policy in conjunction with the general terms and conditions and any terms and conditions that may apply to the products and services that you have signed up for. This Policy may be subject to change from time to time. Please check the websites on a regular basis for any changes made to this Policy. Products or services may contain links to other companies’ websites and services which they offer; these companies may have privacy policies of their own. The Site recommends that you read the privacy policies of such third parties. The Site is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any such third parties’ products or third parties’ services.
What does it mean by “Personal Information”?
With the objective of setting high privacy standards, the Site supports a wide interpretation of what constitutes Personal Information, which the Site define as data that relates to any natural person such as an employee or consumer, including but not limited to names, addresses, birthdates and billing records. With respect to the customers and when the context so requires, Personal Information also includes traffic data, location data, IP addresses, internet usage data and set top box usage data.
What Personal Information is collected?
Due to the nature of the services and products, the Site may collect the following Personal Information subject to notice or consent where relevant:
- Contact Information, meaning information that allows us to identify or contact you. This information includes name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user names and passwords, birthdates, gender, language preferences, delivery details, as well as other contact information which is collected directly from you.
- Account Information, meaning information you provide to us to set up the services such as bank account information, billing address, and information you provide us when you enter competitions or when you contact us inquiring about the products and services.
- Service Information, meaning information necessary for us to provide services to you.
- General Usage Information, meaning information generated when you use the products and services.
- Other Personal Information, meaning information the Site may obtain, in accordance with applicable law, from publicly available sources or from credit check agencies. The Site may also collect Personal Information about other people when you provide us with this, for example, if you buy one of the services as a present for another person.
For what purposes do CapchainX use Personal Information?
The Site collect information about you due to the nature of the services and products. It is important for us to ensure that the products and services are simple, personal and reliable. CapchainX is constantly looking for ways to improve the services and products and to match them as much as possible to your personal needs. The Site may therefore collect Personal Information for the following purposes, subject to notice or consent where relevant:
- To provide the products and services. The Site uses Contact, Account and Service Information for setting up and maintaining the products and services, for the administrative processes and to administer contests and competitions. These activities include provisioning, technical support, hardware and software upgrades, billing, collection of payments and credit checking.
- To enhance the products and services. The Site may rely on General Usage Information to identify improvement areas. For instance, conduct market research to improve the existing services and develop new products according to the needs of the customers.
- To present new products and services. The Site may communicate with you about upcoming features in the products and services or promotions that might interest you. Please refer to Section “How can you opt-in and opt-out?” where the Site explain how you can update your marketing preferences.
- To enable the purchase of goods and services from the Commerce Partners. From time to time, the Site may present you with special offers on screen or online while using the products and services enabling you to purchase goods and services from the partners, such as advertisers, promoters, application providers or app stores (all referred to herein as “Commerce Partners”). Should you decide to take advantage of such offers or engage in a transaction, the Site may collect and communicate your relevant Personal Information to Commerce Partners sponsoring the promotions or transactions. The information will be collected and disclosed by CapchainX, only upon your affirmative response to such offers. In addition to fulfilling your request, Commerce Partners may also use Personal Information to send you other information in which you might be interested. The use of Personal Information by Commerce Partners will be governed by their respective privacy policies, which you should refer to in the event that you have any queries regarding how the Commerce Partners might use your Personal Information.
- To manage the performance. The Site may use Personal Information when asking for feedback in respect of the performance of the products and services, the customer care service and the maintenance and operations. Where allowed by applicable law, the Site may use information related to your use and access to the products and services for purposes of traffic management, customer enquiries and prevention or detection of fraud. Where allowed by applicable law, the Site may also monitor and record the communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations, for training purposes, quality assurance and to record details about the products and services you order from us.
- To meet the legal obligations. The Site may be required by law to disclose Personal Information in compliance with the terms of a valid legal process or where required to do so by law enforcement agencies. These disclosures may be made without your consent and knowledge, and without notice, in compliance with the terms of a valid legal process. The Site reserve the right to challenge the access to Personal Information by authorities.
- Other uses. The Site may use anonymous and aggregated information to develop reports and analyses about what types of content and /or advertisements are watched or skipped, for research and for other legitimate business purposes.
To whom may CapchainX disclose Personal Information?
CapchainX, is committed to protecting Personal Information. For the performance of the products and services, CapchainX may disclose, in compliance with applicable law and subject to prior notice or consent where relevant, Personal Information to third parties as described below, including third parties located in countries outside the EU and Switzerland where the privacy rules differ from the rules in the EU and Switzerland.
- Entities within the Liberty Global Group. CapchainX may share your Personal Information with any parent company, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control (collectively "Affiliates"). In such event, the Site will require the Affiliates to honor this Policy.
- CapchainX, Employees. The Site limits the number of the employees who have access to your Personal Information to a select group of specially authorized employees. Access is granted to these employees for the proper performance of their duties on a need to know basis.
- Commerce Partners. When you elect to participate in a special offer or engage in a transaction presented by us but provided by the Commerce Partners, CapchainX may disclose Personal Information to such Commerce Partners where relevant. For more details please refer to Section “For what purposes do the Site use Personal Information?”.
- Purchaser of the business.If another company acquires CapchainX. or acquires assets of CapchainX. that comprise or include your Personal Information, that company will possess the Personal Information collected by CapchainX. and it will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
- Other third parties. Where allowed by applicable law, the Site may also share Personal Information with third parties the Site trust where the disclosure is necessary for the performance of the products and services (e.g. customer care) and with third party vendors specifically engaged by CapchainX. to provide products or services, in which case CapchainX will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified products or services to us. Where allowed by applicable law, the Site may also share Personal Information with credit check agencies or debt collection agencies. There may be instances where the Site may be required by law to disclose Personal Information to authorities or other third parties.
How does CapchainX protect Personal Information?
CapchainX works very hard to protect your privacy and have taken key steps in protecting it. The Site have formally appointed individuals who are responsible for the security of the network, supporting infrastructure and the information systems. The Site have implemented solutions to protect Personal Information, which consist of a variety of both technical and policy based solutions which vary depending on the applicable service or product offered or provided to you. These solutions may include, but are not limited to, password protection, encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection, anomaly detection and access controls for the employees.
How long does the Site keep Personal Information?
The Site must keep Personal Information for no longer than is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected unless the Site are specifically required to keep your Personal Information longer by applicable law.
How can you opt-in and opt-out?
CapchainX may contact you to tell you about any new services, that might be of interest to you. In the case of postal and telephone marketing the Site collects your marketing preferences on an opt-out basis when you set up your account. If you do not opt-out of receiving postal or telephone marketing, CapchainX may write to you, or call you about any products or services which they believe might be of interest to you. You can change your postal or telephone marketing preferences at any time by writing to the [email protected] address.
What are your rights?
You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate or outdated Personal Information deleted or updated. If you believe any of the details the Site hold about you are incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate or outdated, let us know and the Site will make the necessary corrections or deletions within the applicable legal time frames. You have a right to know what Personal Information the Site hold about you. Where permitted by applicable law the Site may apply a small charge that will cover the cost of the administration involved in providing such information to you. You also have a right to request that the Site stop processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing information or telephone sales calls from us, please contact us throughout the [email protected] address. Please be aware that when you opt-out or request us to stop processing your Personal Information there may be instances where the Site may not be able to continue to provide you with the products or services.
How can you contact us about this Policy?
If you have any comments or queries concerning this Policy or you wish to request access to the Personal Information that the Site hold on you then please contact us at: [email protected]